Do you know your canonical tags from your core web vitals? We're looking for...
Our incredibly talented and friendly development team is looking for a full-time, full-stack web developer to join them as we embark on some exciting new projects.
We are looking for a developer with strong front and back-end experience, a sharp eye for detail, and the drive to support our systems and processes’ continuous development.
Before you start reading the bullet points below and working out if now is a good time to look for a new role, let me give you the ‘elevator pitch’ for Candour:
We founded the studio on a ‘quality of life’ principle, which means:
1) You will be treated like an adult. We’re flexible with working times, arrangements and give you our trust and support. That is yours to maintain.
2) We strongly encourage all staff to finish when their day is finished. While working extra hours is sometimes necessary, you’ll get paid for it and, it is not the norm.
3) There is no mindless pursuit of ‘growth’. We don’t put staff in difficult situations signing deals we know won’t work. We want to work with clients with realistic expectations and budgets and develop a good relationship with them.
4) After one year of being on the team, every single person at Candour gets a direct profit share at the end of the year. No fine print, no special clauses, we do well, you do well.
5) We want to ‘do good’. Every year we dedicate some of our resource to helping a charity. We are currently designing and building a new website for The Feed, free of charge.
What we would like from you:
Bonus points awarded for: * Working knowledge of technical SEO best practices * Experience building and working with scalable systems * Basic knowledge of UNIX-like operating systems, sysadmin and DevOps * Experience maintaining open-source code * Experience with React and its latest features (Hooks/Suspense) * Working knowledge of technical SEO best practices * Understanding of best practices for accessibility * Experience with Vue would be beneficial * Experience programming in Go
What we can offer you:
A little bit more about us:
Candour is a team of 14 currently all working remotely but usually based in Seymour House, Norwich. We specialise in helping businesses grow and evolve by taking advantage of digital technologies. It is our belief that to do a good job in 2021 and beyond, that designers, developers and marketers all need to work together to build the best possible end product.
Apart from our Norwich base, we have a roster of clients from all over the world from Seattle to Brisbane and every year we’re actively involved in supporting local charities with either fundraising or pro-bono work.
Day to day, we’re guided by a strong ethos around transparency and honesty; both internally with each other and importantly, our clients. This is central to our long-term vision, and we find it makes life a lot less stressful!
If this sounds like you, please send a covering email and CV to [email protected]
Get in touch