Our incredibly talented and friendly development team is looking for a full-time, back-end web developer to join them as we embark on some exciting new projects.
We are looking for a developer with strong back-end experience, a sharp eye for detail, and the drive to support the continuous development of our systems and processes.
The role can be hybrid, or fully remote (within the UK), depending on the successful applicant’s preference.
What we would like from you:
- Strong PHP experience, preferably Laravel
- Experience building and integrating APIs (REST, JWT, OAuth 2.0)
- Understanding of and experience of working to OWASP principles
- Excellent working knowledge of Git in a collaborative environment
- Experience with Linux (bonus points for Docker), some SysAdmin and DevOps knowledge
- Good communication skills and time management
You will be responsible for:
- Designing project architecture and tech stack to ensure project deliverables are met
- Building reliable, adaptable and secure codebases that can be grown and maintained easily over time
- Supporting the continuous improvement of Candour processes and practices
- Assisting the Project Manager in creating specifications and formulating project budgets and timelines
- Troubleshooting and debugging
What we can offer you:
- An agency that is founded on cultivating a good working environment
- Studio/hybrid/fully remote (UK) depending on preference
- £30-45,000pa salary depending on experience
- Private healthcare cover
- A direct profit share from agency earnings on top of your salary after one year
- Flexitime: We believe your job should fit around your life
Flexible holiday allowance.
- A minimum of 28 days (including bank holidays), with additional days available on request depending on project commitments
- Additional time off at Christmas when the office is closed
- Annual training budget: We’ll help you develop professionally
Development opportunities at events such as BrightonSEO and SearchNorwich
- Open-plan dog-friendly office including a starter pack of 4 office dogs
- A great team of designers, developers and other marketers to work with and learn from
A little bit more about us:
Candour is a team of 17 based in Seymour House, Norwich. We specialise in helping businesses grow and evolve by taking advantage of digital technologies.
We believe that to do a good job in 2021 and beyond, designers, developers and marketers all need to work together to build the best possible end product.
Day-to-day, we’re guided by a strong ethos around transparency and honesty; both internally with each other and importantly, our clients. This is central to our long-term vision, and we find it makes life a lot less stressful!
Every year we’re actively involved in supporting local charities with either fundraising or pro-bono work.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please send a covering email and CV to [email protected]