Candour specialises in helping businesses grow and evolve by taking advantage of digital technologies. We believe that to do a good job in 2024 and beyond, designers, developers and marketers all need to work together to build the best possible end product.
Day to day, we’re guided by our brand values and a strong ethos of transparency and honesty internally and, importantly, with our clients. We created our values together to describe how we work as a team, and these are integral to our long-term vision:
About the role
We’re looking for a digital PR executive who can plan, create and implement search-led, creative campaigns for our client base. Our PR team work on a range of B2B and B2C outreach activities, and our ideal candidate is someone who is as confident carrying out basic data research to fuel new campaign ideas as they are in target list building, press release drafting and pushing PR activity out to press.
Quality of life focus
Before you start reading the job description below and working out if now is a good time to look for a new role, let us give you the ‘elevator pitch’ for Candour:
We founded the studio on a 'quality of life' principle, which means:
You will be treated like an adult. We're flexible with working times, arrangements and give you our trust and support. That is yours to maintain.
1) We strongly encourage all staff to finish when their day finishes. While working extra hours is sometimes requested, you'll get paid for it and it is not the norm.
2) There is no mindless pursuit of 'growth'; we focus on providing the best outcomes for our clients through brilliant work. We don't put team members in difficult situations by signing deals we know aren’t right.We want to work with clients with realistic expectations and budgets and with whom we can develop sustainable, long-term relationships.
3) Every single person at Candour gets a direct profit share at the end of their three-month probation. No fine print, no special clauses; we do well, you do well.
4) We want to 'do good'. Every year we dedicate some of our resources to helping a charity. Recently, we have supported The Feed, Break and The Hamlet; this year, we are happy to be working with Brave Futures, a charity that supports children and young people who have experienced sexual abuse.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Support and report to the Principal Content & Digital PR Consultant to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of digital PR strategies
- Support the planning, delivery and results of newsworthy digital PR campaigns
- Support the ideation and outreach of new campaigns and tactics that support commercial objectives
- Gather and interpret data to support PR campaigns
- Create and extend media target lists for clients and individual campaigns
- Monitor and report on the performance of content and PR campaigns
- Assist the strategy team with client communications around these activities
What we would like from you:
- At least one year's experience in digital PR/outreach, with a track record of capturing valuable client coverage and producing content for PR purposes, preferred
- Intrinsic understanding of web content and social media, including conceptual understanding of how search engines rank web pages
- Experience briefing and collaborating with clients on PR campaigns
- Experience interpreting data for PR campaigns using Google Sheets
- Familiarity with tools such as Roxhill, BuzzSumo, BuzzStream, Majestic, Google Analytics, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Google Trends, Google Sheets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Excellent research and planning skills
What we can offer you:
- £27,000-£30,000 salary, depending on experience. This is a full-time role, but a four-day working week is available at 80% of a full-time salary.
- A direct cash profit share derived from agency profits, everyone benefits from success
- 35-day holiday allowance, inclusive of public holidays and our Christmas shutdown
- Private healthcare (after a successful six-month probation period)
- Hybrid and remote working options: We believe your job should fit around your life
- A range of parental leave and benefits policies, including maternity, paternity, adoption, IVF and Neonatal
- Supportive and inclusive policies including menopause, transgender equality and equal opportunities in addition to team member handbooks
- Sickness pay beyond statutory benefits, increasing with time at the company
- Annual training budget: We’ll help you develop professionally
- Development opportunities at events such as BrightonSEO and SearchNorwich
- Opportunities for public speaking (paid time to prepare and deliver your talks)
- Monthly (optional attendance) funded social events with the team
- A summer and winter party
- Open-plan dog-friendly office including a starter pack of 4 office dogs
- Fantastic clients across a range of industries
- A great team of designers, developers and other marketers
If this sounds like you, please send a covering email and CV to [email protected]